Don’t be afraid to put parental controls on your television and other devices your child may have access to. While you may not be able to shield your child from everything, you can begin to set boundaries and establish guidelines for what is and what is not appropriate for them.
The Bigger Picture
Explain X and R rated programs, as well as pornography, to children so that they don’t stumble across it. Calmly explain that those sorts of websites are about grown-ups doing grown-up things. While there’s no need to present sex as something bad, you’ll want to state that such activities and behaviors are just for adults.
It is important to have conversations at the dinner table or in the car that does not involve kids fighting, parentings yelling or nagging. Purposeful conversations start a real conversation and help your family communicate better and learn to share.
Send Us A Message
Owner, Leadership Living
- Certified John Maxwell Team Leadership Coach, Speaker and Trainer
- DISC Behavorial Analysis & Personality Assessment Certified Facilitaor
- Espeaker Virtual Speaker Certified
- Certified Youth Motivational Speaker | Certified for Public Schools
- Certified Parent & Family Coach, Speaker, and Trainer